Spring Roll Stir-Fry with Jasmine Rice
1 lb ground chicken
1 tbsp. oil
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
4 green onions, finely sliced
1 long red chili, finely sliced
1 large carrot, julienne or grated
¼ piece of savoy cabbage, finely sliced
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
Juice of 1 lime
Handful of fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
2 tbsp. toasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat a wide frying pan over medium-high heat
- Drizzle in oil, followed by ground chicken. It’ll sputter and spit for the first little bit while you break it up. After it is broken up, leave on the heat, undisturbed, allowing it to crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir, and then add in ginger, garlic, green onion and chili. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add in carrot and cabbage. Stir-fry for another minute.
- Add in fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Serve with jasmine rice, garnish with fresh mint and peanuts, if using.
1 ½ cups Jasmine Rice
1 ¾ cups water
- Rinse and swirl rice in your pot about 3 times.
- Drain water and then add the 1 ¾ cups fresh water.
- Bring rice to the boil over high heat. Continue to boil until you see steam holes and not a lot of visible water, about 6 minutes. At this point cover and turn heat to lowest setting. Steam for 10 minutes
- Turn off heat and let stand for 10 minutes, up to 30 minutes.