Perfect to warm you up and cheer you up on a grey winter’s day. This is when we can turn local winter vegetables become the star of the show. Remember, seasoning with salt as you go will give you a more balanced soup at the end. Fresh ground pepper at the table is nice.
2 tbsp. coconut oil or canola oil
1 large clove of local garlic
1-2" piece ginger
1 tsp. ground turmeric
½ tsp. black pepper
2 carrots peeled & roughly chopped
1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 can coconut milk (we like Aroy-d)
3 cups water, or as needed
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to melt, and then add onions. Sweat until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, sweat for a couple mintues before adding spices.
- Cook spices for 30 seconds, then add carrots, sweet potato and squash.
- Add coconut milk and water, bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer
- Simmer until vegetables are very soft, and then blend soup in a blender. When you think that you are done blending…blend a longer. Finished soup should be silky smooth!
- Taste for seasoning and serve!
Add a comment