A reminder when life gets busy, whip up this dinner with ingredients you most likely have on hand!
Serves 2, can be doubled
250g pasta (spaghettini)
1⁄4 lb/6 slices bacon
2 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 eggs plus 1 yolk
plenty of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup grated cheese (parmesan or romano) plus more for serving
- Fill a large pot with water and put it on to boil
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add bacon, butter & olive oil
- Fry over medium-low heat until fat is rendered but not overly crisp.
- In a medium sized bowl add eggs and scramble well with salt and plenty of black pepper. Whisk in 1⁄2 the cheese.
- When water comes to a boil add about 3 tbsp. salt and cook pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Work quickly to finish the dish: remove cooked pasta from water with tongs directly into hot pan with bacon and butter. Toss well and then add pasta and bacon into the eggs. Toss well, adding about 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Serve immediately topped with more cheese and freshly ground black pepper