Easy Roasted Sockeye Salmon
Sockeye salmon has a distinct, nutty flavour that does well with a variety of spices and marinades. Sockeye salmon is highly nutritious, and cooking the salmon helps to preserve its nutritional content, making it easier for your body to absorb and benefit from these essential nutrients! Bonus: it has a nice firm flesh that doesn't fall apart as easily as other salmon species.
This recipe literally takes 12 minutes total time, and is delicious hot, cold or room temperature with any type of salad or grilled vegetables!
2 7 oz. Sockeye Salmon Filets
Zest & Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. (or a real good pinch) kosher salt
1 tsp. Za'atar seasoning (or another favourite spice blend)
- Preheat oven to 375 F (convection) 400 F if on bake.
- Place salmon filets on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Season with salt, lemon zest & juice, olive oil and seasoning. Let sit for 1 minute in this little marinade, flesh-side down.
- Turn filets over to skin side down and roast for 9-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets.
- Enjoy with rice & a salad!