The key to this is to remove the water, so although you may have a county-fair- winner-sized zucchini, these contain too much water, so just stick with a solid, medium-sized zucchini. Feel free to double this delicious recipe! They are best served fresh and hot, but they could be made ahead of time and re-heating in a 400F oven, on a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack.
- Julienne or grate zucchini.
- Place in a bowl and lightly salt.
- Set aside for a few minutes to draw water out of the zucchini.
- Mix together yogurt, lime zest, juice and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate until needed
- Squeeze out any water, and then gently toss with chickpea flour, baking powder, garam masala, pepper & water (start with 1 tbsp., adding more if necessary) until mixture holds together.
- In a preheated frying pan, add about 1⁄4 cup of olive oil.
- Drop zucchini mixture into the pan by the heaping tablespoon.
- Fry 3 minutes on one side, turn over, and cook a further 2 minutes on the other side, rotating your pan as you need to to evenly distribute the heat.
- Remove to a paper-towel lined plate or cooling rack, lightly salt and eat immediately with Lime Yogurt.