Maple Spice Pecans
Perfect for serving with cheeses, or jar up with a ribbon for a gift!
75g (3/4 cup) pecan halves
40g (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. Garam Masala (or another favourite spice blend, or even a pinch of cayenne)
1 small wheel of local brie (we love Gunn’s Hill Brigid Brie)
1 small baguette
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375F.
- Toast pecans on baking sheet in oven for 3-4 minutes (it's ok to do this while oven is preheating. Actually ideal, as it's a gentle heat).
- Place syrup and oil in a frying pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat .
- Toss toasted pecans in syrup mixture, tossing to coat well. Scrape back onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar, salt & garam masala and return to oven for 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Serve with brie cheese and warm baguette!
NOTE: You can easily double or triple this recipe! Nuts will stay crisp & delicious in an airtight container for several weeks.