Zucchini Spice Snack Cake
Makes a 9x13 pan, stays moist for days!
1 cup chopped dates
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. salt
1 cup oil (canola, vegetable or olive)
1 tbsp. vanilla
3 large eggs
1 tbsp. orange or lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, or grease lightly with butter
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with hot tap water. Set aside while you continue with recipe.
- Grate zucchini and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place both sugars, flour, baking soda, baking powder, all the spices and the salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Make a bit of a well in the bowl, and add in oil, vanilla and eggs. Use a wooden spoon to beat all together well.
- Drain dates and stir in with zucchini and zest, if using.
- Scrape into prepared pan, and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack. Snack away! Perfect for breakfast on the run too!