Fresh Thai Tuna Burger
Warning: this sauce has an addictive personality and would be good on just about anything!
Thai Curry Mayo:
2 tsp. white sugar
2 tbsp. (30ml) lime juice (1 large lime)
2 tbsp. (30ml) fish sauce (Red Boat brand is exceptional)
1 tsp. red Thai curry paste (Aroy D brand is preferred)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 lb. (450g). piece fresh tuna, cut into 2 steaks
Salt, as needed
Oil, as needed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 sprigs fresh mint, roughly chopped
2 sprigs fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
1/4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
4 large pieces leaf lettuce
4 brioche buns
Butter, as needed
- Preheat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat
- Season the tuna steaks well with salt and drizzle generously with oil. Set aside while you make Thai Curry Mayo
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar and lime juice to dissolve sugar. Whisk in fish sauce, curry paste and mayo until combined. Set aside.
- Place tuna in now hot pan and sear for one minute per side. Set on a cutting board to rest for a few minutes while you toast the buns.
- Add a little butter to the pan and toast cut side of buns until soft and golden brown.
- Slice tuna into 1/2 inch slices and then build your burger! Top brioche buns with mayo, tuna, green onions, herbs, cucumbers, radishes, lettuce and more Thai curry mayo as needed. Enjoy!